California Public Entity Law
Liedle & Larson, LLP is committed to representing public entities and is keenly aware of the unique litigation challenges they encounter. Often, public entities have more at risk in litigation than the elemental cost versus liability analysis. When sued, a public entity faces potential policy and political concerns that must be considered in deciding a litigation approach. LL believes in working with our government clients to develop a strategy at the outset of litigation that provides the best possible outcome, whether that be through trial, motion practice or settlement.
Our representation and defense of public entities involves state, federal and appellate courts, ranging in matters from minor personal injury claims to wrongful death and real property claims.
Legal Representation of Public Entities
LL represents governmental entities and agencies in the following areas:
- Claims relating to the design and construction of public property
- Common carrier and motor vehicle accidents
- Environmental claims and litigation
- Property rights and inverse condemnation actions
- Law enforcement misconduct and excessive use of force claims
- False arrest and imprisonment, and other claims under 42 U.S.C. §1983
- Public employment disputes, including claims of discrimination and harassment in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act and termination actions involving classified employees
- Tort liability, including the defense of public common carriers, defense of dangerous condition of public property claims and personal injury matters.
Speak with Our Public Entity Law Attorneys
For more information about our public entity law practice, contact LL.